Sunday, October 18, 2009

Choking Hazard

Last night scared the crap out of Rick and me. We were out at dinner with our kids and Rick's brothers and their families. Jordan had eaten a truckload of food and we were just finishing up. He was given a little piece of food to eat and all of the sudden was gasping for air. Rick saw him first and started to pat his back and swept his mouth. At that point I noticed what was happening and jumped up to help. J was in a high chair so I tried to pull him up out but of course he was buckled in and wasn't moving. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a lady at the table across from us notice what was happening and reach for her mom. The lady turned around and jumped out of her chair just as I threw J (and the highchair) over my arm and started doing back blows. After three or four hard thrusts poor little Jordan puked all over but the object was out. It was then that the woman had gotten over to us and made sure everything was out; come to find out she was a nurse and was coming to help us. It all happened so fast but I am so thankful that everything turned out okay. Jordan was just fine and didn't even cry over it but it scared the rest of us to death! This transition to solids is hard and the kid doesn't want a whole lot to do with baby food...maybe we should just stick to the little netting thing for a while. I think this is one of the greatest inventions of ALL time!

No comments: